Pimenovskaya icon of the Mother of God
The icon was named after Metropolitan Pimcn of Moscow and All Russia (1385-1390), who brought il frorn Tsargrad (Constantinople) to Moscow in 1387. One day the icon was brought to the house of merchant Titrumov at his request in order to conduct a divine service. During the service the icon exuded fragrant myrrh, which subsequent!) helped heal a great number of sick people. In the early 20th century, the icon was kepi behind the altar in the Cathedral of the Annunciation in the Moscow Kremlin. Feast days; June 6/19.